Monday, January 21, 2013

Do you allow yourself to start over each day?

My husband Jeff, in front of some people who inspire him
After watching the Inauguration of President Obama today, it occurred to me that we, as individuals, are always "starting over." I don't know about you, but when it comes to the New Year I have a feeling of freshness and a skip in my step.

I will go to the gym almost every day (although not today because I have laundry to do); I will make sure that I remember everyone's birthday (thank goodness Facebook is there to remind me of many); I will challenge myself to make all the exciting and new ideas that I have envisioned come true.

I do not know how I plan to accomplish any or all of the above. I do know that I feel the renewed sense of mission and will somehow find the will to do my best to succeed.

My children are independent and doing just fine. My grandchildren are flourishing and happy with their lives. My husband is retired and deserves to refresh and renew his interests as much as I do. We travel to places near and far and we enjoy the trips and the time we spend together.

We started as a married couple 45-1/2 years ago. Every day we got to start anew. Each day brought different thoughts and ideas to my mind and I tried to give them my energy and attention. It is not always possible, but I tried.

So today I am starting over again. Now I look to new and inspiring stories to guide me on my way. I think I can do this. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments!